This year saw the introduction of the new GCSE 9 – 1 grades in the majority of subjects, and the second year of this grading in English and Mathematics.
We congratulate our students and staff on achieving pass rates of 76% in English and 66% in Mathematics in these new harder exams. These include a total of 17 students who achieved at least one grade 9, of which 9 achieved more than one grade 9 across their subjects.
To view our 2018 GCSE Results and historical data please click here.
The headline measures which appear in the 2018 Performance Tables are:
- progress across 8 qualifications (Progress 8)
- attainment across the same qualifications (Attainment 8)
- percentage of students achieving a grade 5 or above in English and Maths
- percentage of students entering the English Baccalaureate
- percentage of students achieving the English Baccalaureate at a grade 5 or above in English and Mathematics and at a grade C or above in the other subjects
- percentage of students staying in education or going into employment after Key Stage 4 (Destinations).
For more information from the Department of Education on these new measures and for details on how Attainment 8 and Progress 8 measures are calculated please click here.
A video from the Department of Education website explaining Progress 8 can be viewed here.