college ANNOUNCEMENTS/letters REGARDING COVID-19
- Parental Update Letter – 30 June
- Y10 and Y12 Parental Update re A Wider Re-Opening– 9 June
- Risk Assessment – 2 June
- Letter from Assistant City Mayor – Cllr Elly Cutkelvin – School Re-opening – 22 May
- Letter Following Prime Minister’s Announcement – 15 May
- Online Resources and Support Letter – 28 April
- Free School Meal Temporary Extension – 23 April
- The Latest Government Advice on GCSE and A levels
- Vulnerable/Key Worker School Opening Letter – 23 March
- Vulnerable/Key Worker, Government Update Letter – 20 March
- School closure / Government Update Letter – 18 March
- School Closure Letter – 17 March
- Coronavirus Update Letter – 26 Feb
- Coronavirus Information Letter – 14 Feb
virtual video messages
Guidance and resources
Please read and follow the most recent guidance:
- General guidance from Gov.uk
- Government guidance for educational settings
- The latest government information and advice for the public
- The latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus
- NHS helpline 111
Click HERE to view safety videos which are now available in 14 languages to help communities protect themselves from coronavirus.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
The DfE has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education.
Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.email@example.com
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
The council has set up a dedicated crisis support email address which you can use if you’re worried about having enough food, paying your bills or feeling lonely and isolated. If you’re worried about an elderly neighbour you can alert us too. Email C19support@leicester.gov.uk giving your telephone number and a member of staff will call you back between 9.30am and 4.00pm, from Monday to Friday.
Click HERE to watch an online safety video from AACOSS.
Online Educational Resources
There are a number of educational resources that have been made available to all students.
The National Academy – A selection of online lessons and resources for students.
BBC Bitesize – A selection of daily lessons for students.
Off School – A website with educational ideas and resources for students to complete at home.
Planning the Day – A document that helps parents/carers and their children maintain good home learning routines.
Pearson Education – free activities, tools and advice to support learning at home.
Virtual Museum Tours – free virtual tour of the best museums around the world.
TES – free resources for home learning.
Click on the links below for help and advice.