If your child has any of these three symptoms then all of your children should stay away from school and seek a test as soon as possible:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you are unsure then contact the NHS on 111 or look at this website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/#symptoms
college ANNOUNCEMENTS/letters REGARDING COVID-19
- TCOLC COVID Risk Assessment – 16 Oct 2020
- Parental Update Letter – Sept 2020
- COVID-19 Update Letter – 14 Sept 2020
- Single Case – Advice for Parents (Y12) – 14 Sept 2020
- Single Case – Advice for Parents – Sept 2020
- Start of Autumn Term 2020 / COVID-19 Risk Assessment / Transport Letter – August 2020
- Parental Update Letter – August 2020
- Parent Letter from Cllr Cutkelvin – August 2020
- Parental Update Letter – 30 June
- Y10 and Y12 Parental Update re A Wider Re-Opening– 9 June
- Risk Assessment – 2 June
- Letter from Assistant City Mayor – Cllr Elly Cutkelvin – School Re-opening – 22 May
- Letter Following Prime Minister’s Announcement – 15 May
- Online Resources and Support Letter – 28 April
- Free School Meal Temporary Extension – 23 April
- The Latest Government Advice on GCSE and A levels
- Vulnerable/Key Worker School Opening Letter – 23 March
- Vulnerable/Key Worker, Government Update Letter – 20 March
- School closure / Government Update Letter – 18 March
- School Closure Letter – 17 March
- Coronavirus Update Letter – 26 Feb
- Coronavirus Information Letter – 14 Feb
It is essential students continue to receive high quality teaching and learning should a class, group or small number of students need to self-isolate, or should there be a local or national lockdown that requires students to remain at home. At TCOLC we are committed to providing a remote learning strategy, that is both challenging, engaging and facilitates excellent student progress. The following policy addendum outlines the expectations and safeguarding procedures for all students accessing on-line live lessons and for all teachers delivering these lessons.
Remote Learning Policy (Addendum to ICT Policy)
Guidance and resources
Please read and follow the most recent guidance:
- General guidance from Gov.uk
- Government guidance for educational settings
- The latest government information and advice for the public
- The latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus
- TCOLC Covid-19 related pupil absence – A quick reference guide for parents and carers
Click HERE to view safety videos which are now available in 14 languages to help communities protect themselves from coronavirus.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
The DfE has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education.
Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.email@example.com
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
The council has set up a dedicated crisis support email address which you can use if you’re worried about having enough food, paying your bills or feeling lonely and isolated. If you’re worried about an elderly neighbour you can alert us too. Email C19support@leicester.gov.uk giving your telephone number and a member of staff will call you back between 9.30am and 4.00pm, from Monday to Friday.
virtual video messages
Online Educational Resources
There are a number of educational resources that have been made available to all students.
The National Academy – A selection of online lessons and resources for students.
BBC Bitesize – A selection of daily lessons for students.
Off School – A website with educational ideas and resources for students to complete at home.
Planning the Day – A document that helps parents/carers and their children maintain good home learning routines.
Pearson Education – free activities, tools and advice to support learning at home.
Virtual Museum Tours – free virtual tour of the best museums around the world.
TES – free resources for home learning.
Click on the links below for help and advice.