Leicester City Council manages the admissions for The City of Leicester College.
Parents/carers wishing to ensure their child secures a place at The City of Leicester College should identify us as their first choice. However, if a child’s name goes onto our waiting list, the criteria allocation below is used.
The priority order for places in Year 7 and Mid-term transfers will be in accordance with the LEA criteria for allocation of school places.
This is as follows:
- Children who are in the care of the Local Authority
- Children who are “on the list of children subject to Child Protection Plans” and need to attend an alternative school to avoid the abuser
- Children who live in the priority(formerly catchment) area for the College
- Children who have a sibling (brother or sister) who will be attending the same school in years 7-10 from the proposed time of entry
- Children living in the area of a closed school whose parents name one of the linked schools to that area. (See linked area below)
- Children of parents/carers fleeing ‘domestic violence’
- Other children
contacting the local authority schools admission team
Tel: 0116 454 1009 (option 1)
Address: School Admissions Service, Customer Service Centre , York House, 91 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6FB
For more information and/or to apply online you can visit www.leicester.gov.uk/admissions
Once applications have been made to Leicester City Council Admissions Department at the end of October, the long and eager wait occurs until March, when students receive news of their allocated school. There are many aspects of the transition process and our designated transition team will keep you informed. The aim of the team is to reduce anxiety and promote a positive transition from the primary to secondary phase of education.
We would be happy to discuss any aspects of the application process. Please contact Ms M Tomlinson, Transition Administrator, on 0116 2413984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Local Authority admissions procedure follows the Leicester Scheme for the Admission Arrangements for Pupils to Schools.
Click on the link below to view their procedure.
Admission Arrangement Procedure – 2018/19
We would be happy to discuss any aspects of the application process with you and hope that the information here will help you in this process.
Please click here to see how to apply to our Sixth Form.