The Governing Body are volunteers who commit to working alongside the College Leadership Team and is responsible for a wide range of matters including ensuring that students at The City of Leicester College receive a high quality education. It is also responsible for the future development and improvement of the college.
The Governing Body of The City of Leicester College consists of:
- 2 Parent Governors
- 1 Authority Governor
- 1 Head Teacher
- 1 Staff Governor
- 9 Co-opted Governors
Click to view our Instrument of Government
Chair of Governors: John Andrews
Vice-Chair of Governors: Naresh Chauhan
Clerk to the Governors: (Vacancy)
Any correspondence for the Chair of Governors should be addressed to The City of Leicester College for the Chair’s attention.
Governing body committee structure
The Governing Body has two core committees:
1. FULL GOVERNING COMMITTEE
The Full Governing Committee has 5 core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
- Agreeing the school improvement strategy with priorities and targets
School Lead Person: Ken Vernon
Chairperson: John Andrews
Members: Naresh Chauhan (vice-chair), Korin Grant, Shanaz Ibrahim, Harsha Kotecha, Kalpana Patel, Neal Ruparelia and Abdul Vhora (4 Vacancies)
2. PAY committee
The Governors’ Pay Committee will have delegated powers from the Full Governing Body to:
- Undertake the annual salary review and determine the individual salary of all staff by considering and ratifying the Head Teacher’s recommendations for the pay of all staff, ensuring the Appraisal Policy and Pay Policy have been consistently and robustly applied
- Apply fairly all areas of pay as identified in the Pay policy, and the Leicester Approved pay Structure, including the discretionary elements.
- Determine salary, at the time of first appointment, for all new staff.
- Ensure that full and accurate records of decisions are kept.
- Decide the school’s approach towards the exercising of pay discretions
- Comply with all statutory and contractual obligations
- Keep the school’s Pay Policy up-to-date and under review
- Ensure that pay decisions of each member of staff in the school are communicated to them in writing
- Recommend to the Governing Body and keep under review a policy and procedures for appraisal in school
- Approve the appraisals and pay recommendations for the Leadership Team
- Report to the Governing Body all decisions taken within the powers delegated to the committee
- Review and recommend appropriate training and development activities in respect of the above.
School Lead Person: Ken Vernon
Chairperson: Neal Ruparelia
Members: Harsha Kotecha, Kam Mistry (vice-chair) and Neal Ruparelia
All Governors have a link to allow them to understand our strategies and interventions that will help the students produce their best outcomes.
|John Andrews||Full ||Standards|
|Science & Social Science
|Naresh Chauhan||Full||Pupil Premium|
|Maths & ICT
|Korin Grant||Full||Attendance & Behaviour|
Curriculum & Careers
|English & MFL
|Shanaz Ibrahim||Full||SEN||Maths & ICT
|Standards||English & MFL
Health & Safety
|ADT & Business
|Kalpana Patel||Full||Curriculum & Careers||Science & Social Science
|Attendance & Behaviour|
Community / Parents
|PE, Expressive Arts, Humanities & PSHE
REGISTER OF BUSINESS INTERESTS
There is a statutory duty for all Governors to declare their business interests and for these to be published on the College’s website. It is important for anyone involved in spending public money to demonstrate that they do not benefit personally from any decisions they make.
|GOVERNOR||REMIT||TERM OF OFFICE||END TERM||BUSINESS AND PECUNIARY INTERESTS|
|John Andrews||Co-opted Governor||4 Years||05.02.22||Retired (TCOLC)|
|Naresh Chauhan||Co-opted Governor||4 Years||13.05.22||Self-employed Handyman|
|Korin Grant||Co-opted Governor||4 Years||04.02.23||Careers Consultant at Loughborough University|
|Shanaz Ibrahim||Parent Governor||4 Years||27.04.21||None disclosed|
|Harsha Kotecha||Co-opted Governor||4 Years||21.05.21||Freelance Trainer & Analyst
Chair of Health Watch Leicester/Leicestershire
|Kam Mistry||Co-opted Governor||4 Years||25.09.20||None disclosed|
|Kalpana Patel||Local Authority Governor||4 Years||06.09.21||Adult Social Care at LCC
Governor at Whitehall School
|Neal Ruparelia||Co-opted Governor||4 Years||02.12.22||PE Consultant|
|Abdul Vhora||Parent Governor||4 Years||03.12.23||Head of Compliance at BT - Anti-Corruption & Bribery
Ferndale Property Partnership Ltd
|Ken Vernon||Head Teacher||N/A||N/A||Head Teacher (TCOLC)|
REGISTER OF Attendance
We have published the register of attendance, from the beginning of the Autumn Term 2015. Click on the links below to view – a blank entry indicates that the Governor is not a member of that committee.