As a college we try to ensure consistency and continuity in our practice. We operate a number of college policies which are regularly reviewed and updated to take into account current guidance and emerging legislation.
For ease of reference, key policies can be downloaded from this page:
- Accessibility Policy
- Admissions Policy – Sixth Form
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Behaviour for Learning Policy (including Physical Intervention Guidance, Attendance Policy and Drug & Substance Mis-Use Policy)
- Charging & Remissions Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Emergency Closure Protocol
- Exam Policy
- Exam Concession Policy
- Governors’ Allowances Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Marking, Assessment & Feedback Policy
- Pupil Premium Policy
- Provider Access Statement
- PSHE Policy (including Sex Education) – Appendix 1, Appendix 2
- Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy (including Whistleblowing)
- SEN Policy
- Teaching & Learning Policy
- Uniform Policy
Equality Objectives Statement
Be happy, Be ambitious, Make a difference
Our equality objectives are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities . We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
FREEDOm OF INFORMATION
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides public access to information held by public authorities.
It does this in two ways:
- public authorities are obliged to publish certain information about their activities; and
- members of the public are entitled to request information from public authorities.
Click here to view a guide to the Information available from The City of Leicester College under the model publication scheme.
Click here to view our Freedom of Information Policy.