Start of Autumn Term
As the new term approaches please see the following information about students starting the new term with us:
- Year 7: Wednesday 25th August via the main entrance. Students can arrive from 8:00am with registrations starting at 8:30
- Year 8: Wednesday 25th August from 11:00am via the main entrance. Registration will start at 11:25.
- Year 9: Thursday 26th August via the community entrance (registration starts at 8:30 and students are required to be on site by 8:20)
- Year 10: Thursday 26th August via the main entrance (registration starts at 8:30 and students are required to be on site by 8:20)
- Year 11: Thursday 26th August via the sixth form entrance (registration starts at 8:30 and students are required to be on site by 8:20).
We are really looking forward to seeing the students again and will be expecting them in full uniform. Coats can be worn but they will need to removed when inside the building and in lessons until further notice. Students will not be allowed to come to school in PE kit any longer as the changing rooms will be available to change before their PE lessons or before sporting fixtures.
Covid – 19 Procedure
As you will be aware restrictions have now been largely removed across the country. The school will return to a more normal way of operating unless there is a severe local outbreak. Students will move around the building for their lessons so that they can use specialised teaching rooms again. Windows and doors will remain open to keep classrooms well ventilated and hand sanitiser will be in all rooms and catering areas as before. Students will spend break and lunch with their own year groups to minimise mixing and students will no longer be expected to self-isolate unless they have symptoms or a positive Covid-19 test.
Students may still continue to wear face coverings if they want to and the college recommends that students wear masks in crowded areas like corridors or public transport. We have been informed by the Department for Education that we should not insist on masks unless there is a local outbreak.