‘Living with Teenagers’ is a free six week programme for parents run at regular intervals throughout the year.
The course is supportive and fun and we create a safe, confidential, friendly and non-judgemental environment. The course offers parents the opportunity to meet others, get support, and make new friends; share experiences and difficulties; learn new skills and find positive solutions to problems.
The course covers the following:
- Helping to understand young peoples’ behaviour.
- Working in small groups to make realistic plans for change.
- Improving listening, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills in order to reduce conflict.
- Coping with stress and anger and finding practical ways to increase confidence and relaxation.
- Introducing strategies for parents to support each other.
- Helping to increase positive thoughts and feelings.
Please contact Mel Tomlinson email@example.com or Sheila Colver firstname.lastname@example.org by email or on 0116 241 3984 if you would like more information regarding the programme.