Our ethos and values have been developed by staff, students and governors. It underpins all our work and decision making.
Be happy, Be ambitious, Make a difference.
Our joint vision is to develop an inclusive, dynamic, high achieving learning community, where all students and staff develop the character for success in all aspects of their lives. We support students to do this through the four pillars of our character programme and staff are asked to constantly refer to these in conversations and indeed when dealing with rewarding or sanctioning students. Students have a clear list of expectations when they are in school based around these.
Our vision will be achieved by fostering a supportive, respectful culture of collaboration between students, parents, staff and the community. Our College community:
- Celebrates diversity and individual difference,
- Treats others with care and kindness,
- Is safe and nurturing,
- Is a stimulating, inspiring physical environment,
- Is reflective, responsive and embraces change,
- Develops personal, collective and social responsibility,
- Is inspired by and enjoys the beauty of lifelong learning.
- Aims to develop the character of all if our students through the four pillars
We aim to educate our young people by providing them with a wealth of opportunities that builds each students character. This is through our character education activities that will give students the confidence and resilience to flourish in our modern global society.
We develop character through the TCOLC Character Pillars:
We will use these terms as part of our daily language. Staff will reward all students for demonstrating these characters with character points that will build towards Character Awards and accomplishment of Character Challenges.
These Character values underpin everything we do at the school and are seen across all areas of the college.