It is essential students continue to receive high quality teaching and learning should a class, group or small number of students need to self-isolate, or should there be a local or national lockdown that requires students to remain at home.
At TCOLC we are committed to providing a remote learning strategy, that is both challenging, engaging and facilitates excellent student progress. The following policy addendum outlines the expectations and safeguarding procedures for all students accessing on-line live lessons and for all teachers delivering these lessons.
Click HERE to watch an online safety video from AACOSS.
Students Guide to Microsoft Teams Video Series
Parents/Carers wanting to support their child with using Microsoft Teams for home learning should watch this helpful series of videos, created by Mr Tompkins.
View the Microsoft Teams guides below:
Installing Teams on your Device at Home
Introducing your new Virtual Classroom
Attending Live Lessons in Microsoft Teams Meetings
Completing Assignments (Homework/remote learning tasks) in Teams
OneNote Class Notebook
TCOLC Top Tips For Learning From Home
Helping Your Child With Remote Leaning
- Have clear rules because they will help your child stay organised and happy.
- Your child should be following the normal school timetable.
- Noise will not help your child study.
- Talk to your child about their schoolwork – ask them questions, try not to answer questions for them, help them think about how they can solve problems. You can do this in English or in your home language.
- Keep using your home language. There are many positive benefits of using your home language for school.
- Make sure your child has regular breaks.
- Stay calm and positive. Reward your child for the work they are doing.
- Ask the school or your child’s teachers for help if they need it.
The above text has been translated below.
There are lots of resources to support you online
If you need access to laptops for online learning, it may be possible for us to lend you a device for the duration of the school closure. If you need to enquire about this then please contact CLamont@cityleicester.leicester.sch.uk with your request.
BBC Parents’ Toolkit on Wellbeing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zrsbrj6
Parentkind: how to support learning https://www.parentkind.org.uk/For-Parents/Parent-Hub/Supporting-Learning
BBC online lessons: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
Oak Academy online lessons: https://www.thenational.academy/