Start of term – January 2022
We hope that you have had a wonderful and restful holiday and ready for the start of term on Wednesday 5 January 2022.
School is open at the normal time for all students and we will be keeping in place all the existing mitigations that we have had since before Christmas including ventilating classrooms. In addition to this, students will be expected to all wear a mask in all indoor spaces until at least January 26th in line with the latest Government guidance. Please can we ask that you:
- Send your child to school for a usual 08:30 start.
- Ensure your child is wearing layers that can be worn under uniform, their shirt and/or a plain black jumper (no hoodies) that can be worn under their blazer to keep them warm during lessons.
- Ensure your child has a face mask that needs to be worn in the building all day, and a spare mask would be advisable.
- Ensure your child has tested themselves using a Lateral Flow Device before they return to school.
- Ensure that if you child is eligible for a vaccination and are able to have one, that they are booked in to do so.
We are extremely pleased that we are able to welcome students back into school after Christmas this year, but it will take a combined effort to suppress the spread of Covid through the school in these winter months particularly with the latest variant being more transmissible. As ever we thank you for putting your trust in us to educate and look after your child and we thank you hugely for all the support you continue to give us and your child.
The City of Leicester College