We aim to ensure that all students have access to a broad and balanced curriculum tailored to meet individual needs. This might mean personalising students’ timetables and putting extra support in place to meet the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs.
The range of support we have in place consists of:
- Teaching Assistants supporting in lessons
- 1:1 support for pupils with specific literacy needs, including Dyslexia
- Small withdrawal groups for reading, spelling, handwriting, inference and language/communication
- Small withdrawal groups for numeracy catch up
- Behaviour modelling
- Nurture Groups
- Alternative curriculums e.g. Princes Trust, vocational provision
- Exam concessions
Please click here to view our Inclusion Policy.
Post 16 support
As part of our commitment to year 12 and 13 education, support for post 16 students with Special Educational Needs continues in line with the needs detailed in students’ Statements, exam concession reports and support in the classroom.
We also have a dedicated Mentor to support post 16 students.